Our Library hosts a variety of materials for our patrons including books, graphic novels, reference materials, CDs, DVDs, language books, audiobooks and much more!
Placing Holds & Reserving Materials
With your library card, you can access materials from any of the libraries in the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium (MVLC). You can request these materials in any of the following ways:
- Placing a request through the online catalog. You will need to log in with your library card and password/PIN. Search for the title of the items that you’d like. Make sure that you select “to search all MVLC libraries” to give you more options. Once we have received your item, you will be contacted for the item’s pickup. Items will be held for seven days at the Ground Floor Checkout Desk.
- You can request an item in-person at the Information Desk on the Second Floor.
- Or, you can call the Information Desk (978-674-4120).
Check out our electronic resources page to see a variety of downloadable materials, including ebooks, audiobooks, music, and more.
The Pollard Memorial Library is a member of the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium (MVLC) which is an alliance of over 36 public libraries serving the Greater Merrimack Valley region of Massachusetts. MVLC cards may be used at any public library in the consortium. In addition, Pollard Memorial Library is part of the Massachusetts Library System, which gives our patrons access not only to our collection, but to virtually every library collection in the state.
Other Items Available to Borrow
We now offer small devices you can check out that will allow you to access the internet on the go. These are called Mobile HotSpots. You can connect up to 10 devices at a time that need wireless. The device works off the T-Mobile Broadband network – so wherever there is T-Mobile service you will have the internet.
The simple directions to use the HotSpot are attached to the HotSpot.
- You must be at least 17 years old to check out a HotSpot.
- One (1) checkout per household
- Do Not return In Bookdrop
- Return to First Floor Checkout Desk
- HotSpot will be remotely deactivated if not returned by the due date
- Users of the HotSpot agree to abide by the Library’s internet policy and T-Mobile’s acceptable use policy which prohibits pirating, illegal downloads, and viewing child pornography
- You are responsible for all materials associated with the Library’s HotSpot and will pay for damage to the device/components.
Borrow the library’s Kill-A-Watt™ meter to help you learn more about your home’s energy consumption and costs. You’ll receive a Kill-A-Watt™ meter and instruction page. Plug the meter into an outlet, then plug an appliance into the meter. After the recommended waiting period, press a button and read the energy consumption figure. Refer to the included instruction set for more detail on using the meter and tips on saving energy. The meters can be borrowed for up to 3 weeks.
Infrared Thermometer Kit
Test the efficiency of your cooling and heating system throughout your home with the Library’s infrared thermometer kit. You can aim the thermometer at various surfaces to ensure a proper temperature. The thermometer can be borrowed for up to 3 weeks.
Book Club Kits
Our consortium has over 240 book club kits to choose from. So whether you’re looking to start a book group for Adults, Teens, or Children they have something for you. Each kit contains 15 paperback books and a discussion guide in an easy-to-carry canvas tote bag. You can borrow the kits for six weeks. You can reserve a kit up to two years in advance. For more information or to reserve your kit today visit mvlc.kitkeeper.com.