The Library has reopened with limited services and technology appointments.
- To make an appointment for computers, the video phone, or the low vision computer, please call 978-674-4121 between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday (additional hours of 5:00 – 6:45 pm on Tuesdays). For accessing the children’s computers, please contact 978-674-1529.
- We will offer you available times that will allow for 45 minutes of access. To ensure that we can serve the most number of patrons, please limit yourself to one appointment per day.
- All access to the Library will be through Colburn Street. Please arrive promptly at your confirmed appointment time.
- If you are early, wait in your car or social distance yourself away from the entrance.
- At your appointment time, the staff members will confirm your appointment, you’ll be checked in and welcomed into the building. We are asking all patrons to comply with the expectations of wearing a face covering over your nose, mouth and chin while maintaining social distancing from staff and other patrons as much as possible. We ask that you leave promptly at 15 minutes until the next hour so that Library resources can be wiped down and sanitized for the next patron appointments.
- You will have up to 45 minutes to fulfill your appointment.
Services Available as of July 27th
- Computer Use (by reservation)
- Video Phone (by reservation)
- Low Vision Computer (by reservation)
- Reference Help
- Computer Assistance (via instruction or remote access)
- Copiers & Fax Machines
- eCards (online)
- Curbside pickup of materials, museum passes & printing (must have exact change when picking up).
- Outdoor programming (Grab & Go Activities, eCard conversions, Browsing Tents, etc.) check Events calendar on LowellLibrary.org for more information
Technology Reservation Times – see above for contact information to make a reservation.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: reservation start times 10 am – 3 pm
Tuesday: reservation start times 10 am – 6 pm
Services not available:
- Meeting & Study Rooms
- Quiet study
- Browsing – if you need an item from the stacks, please place a request with the Reference Librarian on the 2nd Floor. A staff member will retrieve it for you.
- In-person programming
- Children’s & Young Adults areas, including games, toys, etc.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 10am – 4pm
- Thursday 10am – 7pm
Note: These reopening plans may be altered if COVID-19 conditions worsen in Middlesex County.