The Pollard Memorial Library will reopen to the public with limited services by appointment only on Monday, March 1.
All patrons wishing to use in person library services listed below must make an appointment. Call 978-674-4120 for an appointment. Limited number of one hour appointments will be available:
Monday to Thursday: 9 AM—8PM
Friday to Saturday: 9 AM—4PM
Patrons will be able to make an appointment to enter the building to do the following:
- Pick up materials they have reserved, and check out new materials.
- Ask librarians to retrieve books from the stacks for them.
- Get advice from librarians about what to read or watch next.
- Use computers and printers, or the library’s Wi-Fi in reference room.
- Use low-Vision computer and video phone by appointment only.
- Pick up items printed remotely (including tax forms) using the PrinterOn Mobile Printing or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make photocopies and send faxes.
- Curbside pickup will continue to be available both for items placed on hold and special items such as grab and go crafts.
The building will be open, and curbside pickup available:
Monday-Thursday: 10 AM—8 PM
Friday – Saturday: 10 AM—4 PM
Staff will be in building to answer calls and emails:
Monday-Thursday: 9 AM – 9 PM
Friday and Saturday: 9 AM – 5 PM
To keep patrons and staff safe in light of COVID-19, these restrictions will be in effect:
- A maximum of 15 patrons may be in the building at a time.
- Masks will be required. The library will have a limited supply available for customers who arrive without one. For people who cannot wear masks, staff will retrieve items and bring them outside the building.
- Patrons and staff must observe social distancing.
- Areas closed to the public include the stacks, the mezzanine, the third floor, the Children’s Department, Merrimack Street grand staircase, the meeting room and all study rooms. First floor is also closed except by appointment to use the TTY / Low vision equipment.
- No more than four people or one family in the elevator at one time.
Items can be returned to the book and media drops near the ground floor Colburn St. entrance. Because of COVID-19 precautions, items returned are quarantined for four days before being checked in. As a result, items that were checked out may continue to appear on a customer’s account for several days after being returned.