The Library has reopened with limited services and first-come, first-served computer usage.
Computer & Technology Expectations
- Computers will be available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday from 9:30 am – 4:30 pm and Tuesdays 9:30 am – 6:30 pm. Please note that due to a staff meeting, computers will NOT be available until 10 am on Thursday, August 20th.
- In order to serve the most patrons who need to utilize this service, we are limiting patrons to up to 60 minutes of use/1 session per day.
- All access to the Library will be through Colburn Street. You will need to sign into the building.
- We are asking all patrons to comply with the expectations of wearing a face covering over your nose, mouth and chin while maintaining social distancing from staff and other patrons as much as possible. We ask that you notify the Librarian when you are finished using any of our technology resources so that it can be sanitized for other patrons’ use.
Services Available (updated August 14th)
- Computer Use (first-come, first-served) – see hours above
- Video Phone (first-come, first-served)
- Low Vision Computer (first-come, first-served)
- Reference Help & obtaining/ordering materials
- Computer Assistance (via instruction or remote access)
- Copiers & Fax Machines
- eCards (online)
- Curbside pickup of materials, museum passes & printing (must have exact change when picking up).
- Outdoor programming (Grab & Go Activities, eCard conversions, Browsing Tents, etc.) check Events calendar on LowellLibrary.org for more information
Services not available:
- Meeting & Study Rooms
- Quiet study
- Browsing – if you need an item from the stacks, please place a request with the Reference Librarian on the 2nd Floor. A staff member will retrieve it for you.
- In-person programming
- Children’s & Young Adults areas, including games, toys, etc.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 10am – 4pm
- Tuesday 10am – 7pm
Note: These reopening plans may be altered if COVID-19 conditions worsen in Middlesex County.