The Library has reopened with limited services and first-come, first-served computer usage.
Computer & Technology Expectations
- Computers will be available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm and Tuesdays 9:00 am – 8:30 pm.
- In order to serve the most patrons who need to utilize this service, we are limiting patrons to up to 60 minutes of use/1 session per day.
- All access to the Library will be through Colburn Street. You will need to sign into the building.
- We are asking all patrons to comply with the expectations of wearing a face covering over your nose, mouth and chin while maintaining social distancing from staff and other patrons as much as possible. We ask that you notify the Librarian when you are finished using any of our technology resources so that it can be sanitized for other patrons’ use.
Services Available (updated October 13th)
- Computer Use & Printing (first-come, first-served)
- Video Phone (first-come, first-served)
- Low Vision Computer (first-come, first-served)
- Reference Help & obtaining/ordering materials
- Computer Assistance (via instruction or remote access)
- Copiers & Fax Machines
- eCards (online)
- Curbside pickup of materials, museum passes & printing (must have exact change when picking up).
- Outdoor programming (Grab & Go Activities, eCard conversions, Browsing Tents, etc.) check Events calendar on LowellLibrary.org for more information
- NEW! Curbside Printing – to utilize curbside printing, please email items that you need printed to email@example.com. You will need to provide contact information (name and phone number required) for the staff to reach you when the items are ready for pickup. Please be advised that due to demand, it make take some time to print materials.Please be advised that patrons will need to have exact change or checks in order to pick up materials during curbside hours. For those who need to use a debit or credit card, please use the hours when we are open to the public (below). Thank you for your understanding.
Services not available:
- Meeting & Study Rooms
- Quiet study
- Browsing – if you need an item from the stacks, please place a request with the Reference Librarian on the 2nd Floor. A staff member will retrieve items for you.
- In-person programming
- Children’s & Young Adults areas, including games, toys, etc.
Open to the Public (effective October 13th)
- Monday, Wednesday & Thursday 9 am – 5 pm
- Tuesday 9 am – 9 pm
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday CLOSED
Curbside Hours (effective October 13th)
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 10am – 9pm
- Friday & Saturday 10am – 5pm
Note: These reopening plans may be altered if COVID-19 conditions worsen in the city of Lowell or Middlesex County.