Follow us on social media!
News from the YA Department!
Comics Plus, powered by LibraryPass, is a digital platform offering thousands of digital comics, graphic novels and manga to readers through school, public, and academic libraries. You can access titles using a smartphone, tablet, or web browser, and can be downloaded to multiple devices. There is never a wait to read, all titles are unlimited access simultaneous use.
School! College! Health! Friends!
Below are links to organizations and web sites to help you navigate teen life.
Jobs, Career and College
Right Here in Lowell
- Lowell Career Center – The Career Center, located on Merrimack St. in Lowell, offers workshops and resources to help you gain the skill you need to land a job.
- Gear UP – GEAR UP Lowell provides students with information about college, careers, and financial aid in many different ways. These include campus tours, educational field trips, meetings with admission counselors, internships, after school programs, summer programs, and participating in workshop about careers, financial aid, and the college application process.
Check out these helpful web sites.
- Massachusetts Department of Higher Education Office of Student Financial Assistance
- Youth Employment Information – This website provides information about the laws and regulations related to youth employment in Massachusetts. Find out how old you have to be to get a job and what forms you will need to fill out to get work papers.
Body and Mind
Right Here in Lowell
- Lowell Community Health Center (LCHC) Teen Block Youth Programs – The LCHC Teen Block Youth Programs has many opportunities to help teens with questions about health, well being, leadership and more.
- United Teen Equality Center (UTEC) – UTEC is a teen organization with a range of programs to help teens create healthy lives for themselves.
Check out these helpful websites.
- Teen Health – Get the facts. This web site covers teen health topics A – Z.
- Teen Health from Nemours – The Nemours Foundation has everything you want to know about your health, body and mind.
- Digital Public Library of America -The Digital Public Library of America has more than 22 million images, texts, videos and sounds from across America. Feel free to explore!
The library offers you access to excellent online resources to help you with your homework. You can use these resources at home or in the library. Here is just a sample of what the library has for you.
Biography in Context gives you access to information about the lives of the world’s most influential people.
- Gale Group Databases – Gale Group, Inc.
Provides access to popular magazines, scholarly journals, encyclopedias, newspapers, newswire services, business directories, investment reports, health pamphlets, prescription drug information, and literature reviews. PowerSearch makes it possible to find subjects from A-Z in one or several of the Thomson Gale’s periodical databases in a single search. Various databases—full list available upon log-in.
Visit the library’s Electronics Resources page for even more research options. If you’re at home, all you need is your library card number to start using these research resources.
If you have any questions or need help finding what you need, call the library’s reference desk at 978-674-4121.