Opioid Awareness Film Screening and Community Forum - Monday, November 9 - 6PM at Cyrus Irish Auditorium - Lowell High School
Producer Jim Wahlberg presents the Lowell Premier of the award winning film If Only.
Monday, November 9, 2015. 6 PM – 8 PM. Cyrus Irish Auditorium, Lowell High School. Light refreshments. Free and Open to the Public.
Please join this community forum to raise awareness about prescription drug abuse and opioid addiction. the Greater Lowell area has been hard hit; experts and community stakeholders will outline what is being done to combat this epidemic.
- How prescription drug abuse and opioid addiction affects all members of our communities.
- The facts about the disease of addiction, the options for treatment and the realities of recovery.
- NARCAN training available.
- View “Hidden in Plain Sight” an awareness program for parents.
- About resources, and what is being done by our community leaders.
Tom Golden, State Representative
Monica Bharel, Massachusetts Department of Public Health Commissioner
William Taylor, Lowell Police Superintendent
Deborah Friedl, Lowell Police Deputy Superintendent
Rodney Elliot, Mayor of Lowell
Keith King, Our Place of Recovery
Event made possible by Our Place Recovery, Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation, Zack’s Team Foundation, The City of Lowell, Lowell Police Department, Greater Lowell Technical High School, Circle Health, Millennium Health.