First Thursdays - September 1st - Light Up The Locks!!
Join us during Downtown Lowell First Thursdays in September for a lighting up of The Swamp Locks next to Point Park in Lowell.
The Waterways Vitality Project is excited to collaborate with First Thursday’s for an event like no other!
The City of Lowell is providing complimentary parking over at the Canal Street lot near Point Park for all event attendees. So – enjoy free parking, a peaceful stroll with friends and community, and cheer on the momentum in rejuvenating the beautiful Lowell canalways.
Program Lineup Below:
September 1 – 5pm to 9pm
Downtown Lowell First Thursdays Grand Finale: Arts and Culture Expo located at UMass Lowell Innovation Hub – 1st Floor, 110 Canal St.
Come celebrate the vital community of Lowell artists and collaborators, our rich history and most important, our exciting future!
From the Parks to the Canals to the myriad Art Associations, there is a lot to like about Lowell.
• Music, Art and displays of the cultural resources of Lowell on the first floor of the renovated 110 Canal St. factory.
• Views of the Locks Lighting and Veils installation.
• Film interviews by Lowell Technology Corp.
• Live music from the Big Daddy Band.
• Live art by Appleton’s Jeffrey Lipsky.
• Sneak a peek at a vehicle under development for the Lowell Kinetic Sculpture Race on Sept. 24.
• Experimental films from Walter Wright, and much more.
• Made In Lowell brings their food truck night market and craft beer garden to the Swamp Locks from 6 to 9pm.
• The Swamp Locks lighting happens at 7:35 PM.
Strive For Change Lifestyle will perform Dance, HipHop, Parkor and more at Swamp Locks from 6pm to 8 pm.
Downtown Lowell First Thursdays, Greater Merrimack Valley, Made In Lowell and Lowell Waterways Vitality Project invite you to explore downtown and the Swamp Locks for the final First Thursday of the season!
If you’re thinking food – thank Phoenix Rising Pizza, Mediterranean Home Cooking, Vulgar Display of Poutine and Galeria Cafe for providing a delicious array of creative foods and beverages. In addition – Galeria De Los Andes will be attending to showcase their unique product line and beautiful jewelry.