Backstage Library Works is hiring Labeling Technicians for a project in our library this summer....
Backstage Library Works provides technical services to libraries, museums, and archives around the world.
This is a full-time, non-benefited position. The project is expected to begin in mid July and last approximately 6 weeks. The position starts at $11/hour. Hours will be Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm. Some work on weekends may be required.
There are no part-time positions available.
Technicians will be applying Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) tags to 208,300 items in the Pollard Memorial Library.
Work requires prolonged standing, sitting, twisting and bending at the waist, squatting, kneeling, repetitive use of hands, grasping, lifting, walking, and occasionally assisting in the movement of book carts weighing up to 200 pounds. Good hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate equipment. Familiarity with computers is essential.
- Learn to use high-end RFID equipment
- Ensure that each batch of items you are assigned during the day has an RFID tag affixed in the proper location.
- Adherence to materials handling specifications
- Operate equipment in accordance with approved procedures and profiles
- Assist in locating materials that require removal from the stacks.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks productively
- Attention to quality and detail
- High-level accuracy in data-entry work
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to work in a production environment
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and accurately
- Capacity to deal with problems intelligently
- Professional attitude when working around patrons
Preferred Additional Skills
- Experience working in a library environment.
- Education in Library Science
- Educational achievement
If you are interested in this position please send your resume and cover letter to John Reese, Vice President, On-site Services at email@example.com
A background check and drug screen will be part of the application process.
Please DO NOT contact Pollard Memorial Library regarding this position.