A New Catalog is Coming Soon!
We just received word from our consortium (MVLC) that on Monday, October 1, they will be introducing an updated and improved version of the Evergreen catalog offering many new features that expand what you can do through the catalog while making it easier to use.
Among the enhancements you’ll see:
1. Cleaner, easier-to-navigate interface
2. Improved search speed
3. Ability to view the holdings of your local (or another) library from the Brief Results by clicking on the “Show More Details” button
4. Ability to configure which e-mail notifications you wish to receive from your library
5. Text messaging for holds notification
6. Ability to send a call number to a mobile device via text message
7. Ability to select a preferred “Pickup Location” for requested materials through your patron account
8. Ability to retain your circulation and holds history in your patron account
9. Enhanced Booklist functionality
10. Ability for at-home users to stay logged into the catalog
If you wish to preview the new catalog in advance, click on the “Basic Catalog (HTML-only)” link at the bottom of the catalog search page. Be aware that work is continuing on the new catalog and that not all new features are presently available or all local library configurations currently set up. Let us know what you think.